HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:50:22 -0500
Re:

>A couple interesting points in this piece.
>
>http://www.computing.vnunet.com/News/1126878

Please note that the text attributed to me in quotes
was taken slightly out of context, and *definitely* lifted
from a cnet.com posting.  Additionally, bad writing makes
it look like the text not in quotes prior to it is
attributed to me.  It should not be.

I did *NOT* say:
   The technology, which hit the streets in 1972, has a large amount of
   residual customer loyalty. A member of the HP3000-l mailing list said
   that HP had betrayed users' trust.

I did *NOT* say:
   While many users acknowledged that use of the system was dwindling, they
   blamed it on a lack of a sales drive from HP.

While I did say "I doubt...sales force", the original
line ended "sales force in the 1990s", which I now realize I should have
further qualified as "early/mid-1990s".