HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
John Penney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Penney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:12:21 -0800
Hello, folks:

Sent the following as a reply to the noted person and it was bounced. Any ideas as to why?

Regards
JP

Dear Mr. Bayly:

I've worked with hp products since '72 and the 3000 since '79. Speaking only for myself, I believe most of us are simply expressing sadness and regret over hp's decision. The fact of the matter is: this fait accompli will have unforeseen ramifications and implications to people's lives. The unknown is frightening to many individuals whereas others recognize the opportunity that has unwittengly been presented to them.

I do agree in the heat of the moment certain contributors have said things and made statements that they might now regret. Also that you are loyal to the company that has been putting bread on your table.

We'll all come out of this OK I affirm.

Sincerely,

John M Penney
Systems Programmer / Administration