HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 2

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:42:35 -0800
Hi HP3000-L,

An anonymous somebody has previously posted the lyrics to "American Pie" and
"Yesterday" as being relevant to current e3000 events.  I would like to submit
the following entry in this same theme (yes, heck of a coincidence there in the
artist's name, don't ya think?, though it really was CSY and not Carly F. who
made this era-ending decision):

BETTER NOT TELL HER  (Carly Simon)

Better not tell her, that I was your lover
Better not make her jealous of me
Better convince her there was nothing between us
I'm not those initials in your diary
But if you slip and my name comes up
Don't deny that you knew me
Just leave out the white nights
The moon in your window
The break in your whisper
The promises after

Better not tell her why you love Spanish dancing
Don't bother to say that it's hot in the summer in Madrid
Let it all go now, Like smoke from a candle
Like the trace of a song that you hear in the wind
But if you slip and my name comes up
Don't deny that you knew me
Just leave out the white nights
The moon in your window
The break in your whisper
The promises after
Leave out the tears and the laughter
She won't need to know
That I cried when you left
That I think of you still

But if you slip and my name comes up
Don't deny that you knew me
Just leave out the white nights
The moon in your window
The break in your whisper
The promises after
Leave out the tears and the laughter
She won't need to know
That I'd die for your love
That I still...love...you
Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve scarce California electrons...