HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 2

From:
Hans Vlems <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hans Vlems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:46:03 -0600
Exactly!
I'm a VMS user/system manager, since 1983. When Compaq took over Digital
we were pretty much worried about the fate of VMS. Digital was not exactly
supporting
its prime source of income pretty well, in terms of PR.
Compaq kept the product alive, but sank its current platform (Alpha).
And of course we're speculating about its fate. Now I have no idea about the
market share
nor turn over of MPE and the HP3000.

It could be that each company had to offer something. Alpha vs. HP3000?

Hans Vlems