HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 2

From:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:13:43 -0800
Donna or is that donna wrote

> i know how this announcement is effecting all of us
> emotionally.  the ranting and raving may feel like it's
> helping but it's really not.  it's time to demonstrate to
> ourselves, our families and our companies that this is a
> manageable situation.  i'll say it again -- we've spent a
> long long time learning how to be computer professionals --
> and this is exactly when we need to demonstrate that we are
> *professionals* with valuable skills and
> know-how.         - d

Amen... I'm angry and frustrated by the situation but we must move on,
it appears that we have no choice. We need to take stock of what each of
us have in our shops and find the best path for each of our
organizations. It's not going to be easy or cheap to move on. But we
need to find the opportunities in what seems like a tragedy today. This
is going to give our shop an opportunity to fix some design decisions
that where made a decade or two ago that are holding us back.

FWIW. A co-workers brother works for the inkjet printer division and was
surprised to hear about the forth coming announcement. He also said that
HP's credit union runs on the 3000. Speaking of that my credit union
runs on the 3000.

-Lane