HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 2

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:10:37 -0500
Ladies And Gentlemen:

I've done my share of p!ssing and moaning on the Announcement, but it was
with all seriousness that I wrote this posting (except for #4, which was an
attempt at levity in a serious situation, and, thankfully, most readers saw
it for what it was).  Contingency planning is part of what I get paid to do,
and this contingency is one that I hadn't really planned for.  So, I am
seriously looking at what our options are.

Is it premature?  Not around here, where it can take years to get funding
for almost anything.  So, if the HP3000 goes away in 3-5 years, I'll need
all of that time to convert or whatever we decide to do.  Plus, I'll need
some answers for my boss when he reads about this in the business
publications.

As for the "adult perspective" how come you-all focused on one sentence in
the email and ignored the rest of it?  This is serious stuff folks, but if
we can't have fun we might as well go to the local fast food eatery for
gainful employment.

And, Tom, your vendor rating just slipped a few points.

Jim Phillips                           Information Systems Manager
Email: [log in to unmask]     Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: 330-527-2124                         P. O. Box 285
Fax:   330-527-2123                           10513 Freedom Street
Web:   http://www.tolwire.com          Garrettsville, OH  44231

LONG LIVE MPE!