HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 2

From:
"Jonathan M. Backus" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:29:07 -0500
Paul,

        I would tell him to go for it.  We can't stop because of a rumor.  And even
if there is some degree of truth to it, we don't know the scope of the
announcement until it's made, and we don't know the ultimate impact
afterwards.  Maybe it will be the announcement of the end of the product
life cycle and that may start the clock ticking towards somebody else taking
ownership of the MPE operating system.  Maybe it will be the announcement
that the product life cycle ends in 10 or 15 years, which is a pretty good
life for an application.  Maybe the announcement will have nothing to do
with the 3000 (figures crossed but not optimistic).

Thanx,
        Jon