HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 2

From:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 13:06:34 -0800
> Thus it was written in the epistle of Lane Rollins,
> > It sounds like it's time to start making an inventory of items that
> > exist or need to exist to make moving from the 3000 a reality.
>
> As long as you're making a list, why not list the items
> necessary to make moving the 3000 (from PA-RISC) a reality?
>
> Ted
> --
> Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Sys, Southern
> Adventist University

At this point I feel moving our in house software from the 3000 is more
of a reality then being able to move MPE to another hardware platform.
While moving MPE is very desirable I realistically don't think that HP
would be willing to put the MPE source in the public domain. They talk a
good talk, but I've seen very little source become available. How many
discontinued products has HP open sourced?

At this point we have little to no idea what HP will do or say on
Wednesday. I may be amazed and HP will open source MPE, maybe they will
spin off CSY into a stand a lone company, maybe they will announce they
were just kidding. It is all a guessing game today unless we get a few
more anonymous leeks from within HP.

Throwing out a list of tools was just my way of trying to find out what
is available today.

-Lane