HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 1

From:
Peter Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:10:00 -0500
Well, I'm still having no luck this stuff. I did all the permission stuff
that Mark Klein suggested, to no avail. I am doing all this stuff as
MANAGER.SYS so it shouldn't really make a difference anyway. I have the Posix
wrappers installed and I linked to all the libraries it had to no avail. I
used the -L/-l to link to libgcc with it's full path and no luck.

So, I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade my GCC. I believe I am on
version 2.95.1, what version do the porters out there recommend I install.
What advantages should there be to upgrading. Oh yah, FYI, I'm on 6.0 with
all the Apache patches and prolly a few beta FTP & Samba patches.

In addition to these problems, (this one is probably specificly to Mark
Bixby), I tried writing another small program that uses the libpgeasy that is
also included with the PostgreSQL installation. libpgeasy is merely a MUCH
simpler interface to using libpq, it reduces the functions to connect,
doquery, fetch, and disconnect. When I use this lib, I get UNRESOLVED
EXTERNALS for basically every function in libpq but I included the -lpq in my
compile, Any Ideas?

Thanks,
-Pete