HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 1

From:
"Shahan, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shahan, Ray
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:50:30 -0600
Mark Berkowitz writes:

        "Secondly, for real performance on a large array, assuming it is
already
        filled and is just being searched, try using the "SEARCH ALL" format
of
        SEARCH.  This binary search will seriously speed up searches.  A
table of
        5000 entries that is binary searched will only have to check at most
13"

Mark, FYI (I assume you already know this), the array must also be sorted to
do this, and of course, you must have an INDEXED BY clause.