HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 1

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:06:12 -0800
(ever have one of those days? <sigh>)

same request....but this time with something more
meaningful.         - d
====================
Subject:             Re: Please help
       Date:             Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:15:55 -0700
      From:             "Deanna Cusic"
        To:             "Donna Garverick"

> Deanna Cusic wrote:
>
> > Two of my users are using the same files but one can
enter
> > data and the other can not.  They did not have a problem

> > with this until Friday and now they are trying to do end

> > of month and can not get it done.
>
> it's really hard to tell what the problem might be.  if
> you're on a new enough version of mpe (6.0 or better), you

> can try doing a 'listfile {data base or file name},access'

> or ',locks' to see who else is in the database.  (if you
> have mpex, you can do the same command except use 'listf'
> instead of 'listfile')
>
> if you have rc support, that might be the fastest way to
get
> this resolved.           - d
>
> --
> Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer

This is all running on an old HP3000 922.  And since there
is only one
system left on it they are too cheap to pay for support.
They keep saying
they are going to get a package and get Trucking off of the
HP and on to the
PC.  I have been dinking around and have figured out that
the file is full,
I think ;-).  But my history file is full also so I do not
know how to save
the information.  I was thinking about saving the info to a
subfile but I
can not remember how to create one.  (I only work for them
about 5 hours
every 4 months or so).  I can use QTP to save the old
information, they
still have things in there from 97 - 99.  But without a
subfile I can not
figure out how to do it.  I am sorry if I sound stupid at
this point, but I
am about to pull my hair out at the roots.  I also just
found out from my
user that neither one of them can get into the DEST file.

Thank you for your time,
Deanna