HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 1

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 21:02:56 +0100
>If i am copying it using copy, my KSAM file turns to a flat file.

I'm suprised by this. I would have expected the :COPY command to
not change the file structure (as it does not copy record-wise).

With FCOPY you need to use a special syntax, depending on whether
it is a CM KSAM file (LISTF,2 shows KSAM and KSAMK filecodes for
the data file and key file pair) or an NM KSAM (a.k.a. KSAMXL)
file (LISTF,2 shows FAK in type column)...

 :fcopy from=cmksam; to=(newfile,newkeyf); new

 :fcopy from=nmksam; to=(newfile2); new

Also see FCOPY manual at docs.hp.com, an older format being at

 http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/doc3k/B3221290008.11607/1

Lars.