UTCSTAFF Archives

November 2001

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
sbenkert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 23:23:36 -0500
One of my foreign students was upset that she will be unable ot return home
over the holiday (though she does not celebrate thanksgiving...I guess most do
not but they still take advantage of the break). She said many of the other
foreign students are in the same boat because of VISA problems (the war). I
had not thought of that. Anyway...does anyone know if UTC sponsors some kind
of "get together" for students "stranded" over the break? Perhaps we could all
keep an extra eye open for those who can not go home because of the current
situation. We have room for one more at our table in addition to her if anyone
knows a student who would like to share some Tofurkey (thats the real name
folks...I swear). Of course...tofurkey is an acquired taste.

stuart