SCUBA-SE Archives

November 2001

From:
Michael Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:27:41 -0500
 On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:09:18 -0800 Ed <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Things are so quiet around here I felt compelled to
> write a dive report, but first about my semi-damp
> drysuit. I'm having a problem with the left arm
> getting drenched. I had the seals replaced a few
> months back, & on the first 4-dives after that, it
> leaked worst then before & only the left arm. I had
> the exhaust valve replaced a year ago thinking it was
> the problem.

snip...

> On the way back I decided to swim back at 15fsw, using
> the compass. I discovered that this isn't that easy, I
> really sucked at it. My compass is attached to a
> retractable cord, my computer (depth gauge) was on my
> left wrist. So I was juggling the compass, dive light,
> and checking my depth in the dark was very task
> intensive, & by then I was really cold, shivering.

What is the chance the two are related... does your left wrist leak if
you don't put your computer there?
Any chance the computer is not allowing enough air pressure to get to
the extreme wrist area to maintain a seal?
Just what hit me as I read your report.....

Michael
--
Divers know the true meaning of peace of mind.