HP3000-L Archives

October 2001, Week 4

From:
Gary Nolan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Nolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 22:28:17 -0300
I once was asked to "fix" a pc that windows would not install win98. Unknown
to me windows nt had been installed and then someone tried to remove it.
When I tried to use fdisk to remove the primary partition I received an
error message stating that the partition could not be removed when a logical
drive was defined. But when I tried to remove the logical drive fdisk said
that there was no logical drive (catch 22). Then I tried something radical I
started installing Linux (Red Hat 7.1), it told me that there was a windows
NT partition and disk druid allowed me to remove the NT partition. I then
stopped the Linux install and tried the Win98 install and it worked no
problem. It worked for me.

Gary Nolan
(yes I am still lurking in the background)