HP3000-L Archives

October 2001, Week 4

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:11:47 +0200
Folks,

finished the port of ploticus 2.00 for MPE, named Ploticus/iX.

So far I hadn't enough time to update the homepage of Ploticus/iX
(http://www.hillschmidt.de/ploticus/) but if somebody is interested in
getting the latest greatest version NOW just let me know.

Details on ploticus can be found at
http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/Welcome.html      (new page!)

Improvements:
     mainly a new functionality: prefabs - produce graphs quickly from the
command line without coding scripts.
     Better use of shell commands (#shell). This replaces #system, and
requires some changes in (my) ploticus scripts. That's the main reason why
I need some more time to change my pages to reflect this!
     additional attributes, like fromcommand within proc annotations. see
remark above.
     cgi enabled. direct use out of a browser. nice feature within
Apache/iX!
and a lot more - it's a major release!

Another option is: using another library during the compile of ploticus (gd
1.8 instead of gd 1.3 and 1.6) it's possible to produce .jpeg files
(instead of .gif) and still .png files. I tested both ... and ported this
way the jpeg library and the gd18 library WITHOUT PROBLEMS to MPE. Probably
good to hear for all interested in producing own jpeg pictures ...
The current port uses the default .gif and .png. Please let me know if
somebody want to skip .gif and to use .jpeg.

Best regards, have a nice weekend, Andreas Schmidt, CSC, Germany