HP3000-L Archives

October 2001, Week 4

From:
Paul Taffel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Taffel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:46:04 -0700
Although Netbase 10 does modify the loadlists of some NM programs
(not all, contrary to Gavin's post the other day), programs with modified
loadlists should continue to work fine even after Netbase 10 has been
removed from a system.

A program whose loadlist has been modified to contain a reference to
NB1.NETBASE.SYS will continue to load and run normally after
Netbase 10 has been de-installed, and after the NB1.NETBASE.SYS
library has been purged.

The Netbase bug that incorrectly upshifted hfs loadlist library names can
cause problems that survive the de-installation of Netbase 10, and any
loadlists that were incorrectly upshifted will need to be fixed.  Hopefully
Quest technical support can assist in solving this problem.

You should not try to de-install Netbase 10 (or any program that uses
AIF:PE traps) by simply purging its account.  The AIF:PE traps remain
in place until explicitly removed, or until the next system restart.

Paul Taffel