HP3000-L Archives

October 2001, Week 3

From:
rollie amurao <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rollie amurao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:18:35 -0400
Harmik -

I hate to suggest something really obvious but I had a similar scenario a
while back & pointed my finger immediately on possible inconsistencies with
the OS env, NMCONFIG parameters etc. - only to find out that the KSAM files
being ref on both systems were not in-synch (data problem) and that the one
KSAM file in one system was a KSAMXL and the other was actually a KSAM file.

The CKREADBYKEY that returned a '00' status with a blank buffer bothers me
though. We also came across a problem where a **file** will all a sudden
get corrupted when it is modified/saved (any editor), copied or moved. The
system randomly "replaced" a byte (actually one or more instances within)
with another character - really weird and scary thing ! - and this was
traced to a faulty drive controller. If your problem belongs to this
category - try copying/test run it a few times - to test if it fails in the
same spot... :-)

I hate mysteries - and I hate to be in your shoes !

Rollie
softkeys-csi.homeip.net