HP3000-L Archives

October 2001, Week 3

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 06:51:27 -0700
Just when you think you've seen everything,

listfile nmconfig.pub.sys,access
********************
FILE: NMCONFIG.PUB.SYS
1 Accessor(O:1,P:1,L:0,W:1,R:1),Exclusive
system  MANAGER.SYS                P:1,L:0,W:1,R:1      LDEV:

Of course this prevents me from making dynamic config changes in NMMGR.
Bouncing the network had no effect; and, before anyone asks, the last start
was a START NORECOVERY. Also, I have made dynamic config changes since the
last start. I called the RC and got the "Microsoft fix" answer, reboot.
While I suspect this will be the only fix, still, I'm trying to understand
what could cause this. The system is on 6.0 PP2.

John Burke