HP3000-L Archives

October 2001, Week 2

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 00:04:49 -0400
Please reply to me directly because I'm on active
duty and I set my subscription to NOMAIL.  (I can
still get my mail, I just need to cut down on the
traffic.)

I was playing with txt2pdf and spool files
despite the disclaimer that it can't be
done with 100% Perl.

Slap me silly if this sounds dumb or can't be done:

So I was wondering if you copy the spool files
to a POSIX directory and pre-edit them with Qedit
on column 1.  Converting 1's and 0's to either an
extra FF or LF as appropriate.

Once pre-edited tweak txt2pdf to look for
or m/\0014/  or  m/\0012/ or m/\f/ ???

About line 713 in txt2pdf.pl I changed line where
I "think" the script decided to make a pdf page
break and added a match operator to look for a form
feed anywhere on the line (because I just put the
form feed there with my pre-edits.)

if (m/\f/ || $lineNO eq $lines) {

For some reason the script doesn't seem to work.
I don't get errors either, so I guess that's a
good thing.

I'm starting only looking for form feeds to begin
with and will look for line feeds later.

(Yes I know there are other CCTL directives out
there to worry about, but I don't care about them.)

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors