HP3000-L Archives

October 2001, Week 2

Scott Swartzell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:32:16 MDT
Good afternoon,

So if you're not going to scare the 957, do you really
mean to scrape it?  I guess that's not as bad as scrapping
it.....but why would you scrape it anyway?  Is there a
secret message under the paint somewhere?  "I Howard Hughes,
being of sound mind....."

;-)
Scott

> Wirt Atmar wrote:
>
> > I have always been interested in the evolution of artifically intelligent
> > machines, but the best I could have ever hoped for was some form of high
> > rationality, not any sense of emotionalism, but donna is reporting that her
> > 957 is scared at the thought of its own demise. Lordy, I never thought that I
> > would live to see such a high level of consciousness and self-awareness in a
> > machine.
>
> well, we *are* longs....and we do have our own ways and methods :-)
>
> > Unless donna meant to type: "the alternative is...well..scraping it."
>
> well <sigh> yes....             - d
>
> --
> Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer

Scott Swartzell   IT | Information Technology
             590-2152
9/20 - Mt Antero (14,269')
8 down, 46 to go.........