HP3000-L Archives

October 2001, Week 2

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:03:34 EDT
donna writes:

> well this is a shot in the dark...but here goes....  longs
>  has a 957sx available.  it would really like a new home
>  because the alternative is...well...scaring it.

I have always been interested in the evolution of artifically intelligent
machines, but the best I could have ever hoped for was some form of high
rationality, not any sense of emotionalism, but donna is reporting that her
957 is scared at the thought of its own demise. Lordy, I never thought that I
would live to see such a high level of consciousness and self-awareness in a
machine.

Unless donna meant to type: "the alternative is...well..scraping it." If
that's so, nevermind.

Wirt Atmar