HP3000-L Archives

October 2001, Week 1

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:33:26 EDT
Lew writes:

> Idea, when responding to a person, why not respond to that person instead of
>  to the entire list. Especially on something as non-descript as who
>  accidentally turned us on to CNN. Everyone needs to read the question. Not
>  everyone cares about the response intended for the sender....just clutter.

It doesn't strike me as something anyone can do "accidentally." It would seem
to me that someone would have to purposefully type into a form at the CNN
site "[log in to unmask]" when requested to fill in an email address.
Therefore, I personally can't reach any other conclusion than it's another
"terrorist act", activated by one of Osama bin Ladin's lieutenants somewhere
deep in central Afghanistan, designed to bring the western world's internet
to its knees by flooding it with news updates mailed to thousands of people.

At least that's my current theory.

BTW, I just found out a few days ago that Osama means in Arabic, "big cat."
We have a giant male Maine coon housecat who's so large that when he sits on
chair, all four of his legs drape over, one from each corner. I recently
changed his name to Osama. He seems to like it.

Wirt Atmar