HP3000-L Archives

October 2001, Week 1

From:
Bob McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:03:50 -0600
We have a high school here that has two class C address ranges on the ethernet port on a Cisco router.  I have installed a Wins server and it appears as though it is functioning properly. The school has no PDC in the building.

However, I am not sure of the commands to add to the config for the ethernet port on the router so that a PC in one address range can see the other in the Network Neighborhood.

I've searched on the net and the best info I can find is that I need to add these commands:
ip forward-protocol udp 137
ip forward-protocol udp 138
ip forward-protocol spanning-tree

Is this all I should need to add to the router to get the ethernet segment to appear as one neighborhood?  Does this cause any issues that I need to be aware of?  Is this the correct solution? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

thanks, bob