SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2001

From:
Kenneth Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 20:20:20 -0700
Viv,
more than one fascinating tale here...but most interesting  is your
final thoughts
the real thing is a fascinating creature...I had not thought about the
EYES, but you are right. looking at my own photos and those of others,
they seem large and focused... surrounded by such an ugly exterior....
what you suggest as a peaceful existence is what I suspect is the
reality of this beast... they can easily become friendly and almost
docile... and never dart off like a Moray will, simply exiting with calm
if their home turf is compromised...
Im my minds eye, I have never encountered a more calm and collected
animal in the sea ...

Ken