SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2001

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:01:20 +1000
On Wednesday, October 03, 2001 9:18 AM, Kenneth Smith wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Welcome back ....now we get to see YOUR lame posts again- Will check
> with my accountant to see if might do this again- it was actually quite
> rewarding... despite what your EGO thinks...
> Did you get the 'gift' ?

And followed up with:

> Oh, I forgot to ask- Have you told Jeff how his trip to the Nedfest will
> be funded ?? Knowing this - it was certainly worthwhile....beyond just
> the great personal satisfaction of not hearing your BS for over 3
> months...

Do you ever stop to consider that you and your 'underground' clique are far
worse in your behaviour than the people that you complain about?  That this
is a list about diving?  And that your intellectual contribution - as
opposed to your financial one - is exceedingly thin on the ground?

Having - in Bob's absence - become a target myself by one of your kind, I
can only say that I'm fucking well sick and fed up with the whingeing,
whining, smart-arsed, lying, back-stabbing attempts to score points in
futile exercises that have no seeming purpose.

I will tolerate Lee Bell because he does - at least - make diving related
contributions to the list.  (Occasionally they even provoke thought!)  But
I'm buggered if I'm going to continue to passively put up with crap from
people who have nothing to say about diving - and who therefore, in my book,
haven't earned the right to whinge and bitch about those who do - and who
steer us away from what this list is all about - the sharing of experiences,
knowledge and information about diving, mixed in with some fun.

The fact that you've thrown $2,500 away, doesn't buy you any rights as far
as list behaviour goes.  But if you want it to run along the lines that
you - and others like you - apparently want, then at least try and lead by
example!  If that's too difficult for you to do, then learn to work around
those people who get up your snotter.  If all else fails, then use the
delete key.  You'll be a happier - and wealthier - person.

Failing any of those solutions, you can always wallow in the putrid bitching
sessions of your private 'underground', where the goblins and ogres that you
manufacture in your minds will almost certainly achieve a reality!

(And before you level criticism at me for this non-diving post, just bear in
mind that I've been exercising enormous self-restraint over the past couple
of days.)

Now what was it you wanted to say about diving?

Strike