HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 5

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:50:37 -0700
From: Gavin Scott [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

>Wirt writes:
>> Make that 15 to 3 :-).
>
>4.
>
>Ever since Reflection has had the option for destructive backspace, I've
>occasionally tried to turn it on since it would be really cool if it would
>work.
>
>In every case I've been forced to turn it off within a day because I run
>into things that just don't work with destructive backspace turned on.
>
>I don't know if this is some deficiency in Reflection (or me) that could be
>corrected, but I've never been able to get it to work.

16.

Odd, the first thing I configure in Reflection is destructive backspace.
I've used it since it was introduced years ago without any problem. If in
block mode, and I want non-destructive backspace, I use the arrow keys.
Simple.

When I used to work for an application software vendor, we found that it was
much less confusing for new users familiar with PC applications to configure
destructive backspace. Bottom line, I guess it is what you are used to.

John