HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 3

From:
Joe Amuquandoh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Amuquandoh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:48:30 -0400
Hello,
I have two fold question.

1. I just restored an account(OLDACCT) to a new account(TESTACCT) with the
create option. The account and groups were created with the default
capabilities, which is what I was expecting. Is there an OPTION or a way
that will enable the new account and groups to have the same
attributes(capabilities etc.) as the copied(OLDACCT). I am trying to avoid
going to change capabilities of all groups manually.

2. Related to 1.   We have our groups within the account residing on volume
sets. The groups created from the restore in question #1, defaulted to
MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET.  I  used ALTACCT  XXXXX;HOMEVS=YYY_SET, that was
ok. Now when I issue
NEWACCT XXXX;ONVS=YYY_SET,  I get a  'nonexistent account error'.     I get
the same error on NEWACCT ZZZ;ONVS option when I create a new group in the
new account(TESTACCT).

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks.