HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 3

From:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:25:41 -0500
Bruce,

  While maybe not all of it, a good chunk of the slowdown in
spots can be attributed to the Nimda virus.  I've had a couple
of customers take serious hits, and I personally had to clean
one of our servers here although I would swear that it was
fully patched and protected!  By checking the logs on our
main Internet web server, we are averaging approximately
about one attack per minute on each web site over the last
couple of days.  At times, our T1 speed bandwidth is sucked
dry with the volume.  Its actually pretty amazing to watch,
and it can be very hard to clean out depending on how badly
you're server was infected (there are varying degrees of
infection with this one which makes it even more difficult
to get rid of).

Regards,
Michael L Gueterman
Easy Does It Technologies LLC