HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 3

From:
"Duane R. Larkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:22:11 -0500
Wise Ones:

     There are 2 jobs on my system that I need to know what they are, how
they get started and, ultimately, if I need them running.  The jobs are
STMSTART/STMSTOP.  Rumor is that these were setup by my predecessor, who is
not available for comment.  No one here knows what these are for or why
they run.  They are run out of DIAG.SYS.  They get stuck "all the time".
Some can be aborted, others can't.  Help!

Duane

=-=-=-=

Showjobs:
JOBNUM  STATE IPRI JIN  JLIST    INTRODUCED  JOB NAME

#J2157       EXEC              10S LP          WED  2:45A
STMSTOP,MANAGER.SYS
#J10564    EXEC              10S LP          WED  3:19A
STMSTART,MANAGER.SYS
#J10315    EXEC              10S LP          MON  2:45A
STMSTOP,MANAGER.SYS

There were 7 other STMSTOP jobs that I aborted.  All from various days, but
always 2:45am.  These 3 jobs will not abort.

:showjob j2157

JOBNUM  STATE IPRI JIN  JLIST    INTRODUCED  JOB NAME

#J2157  EXEC        10S LP       WED  2:45A  STMSTOP,MANAGER.SYS

JOBFENCE= 5; JLIMIT= 31; SLIMIT= 999

:abortjob #J2157
:showjob J2157

JOBNUM  STATE IPRI JIN  JLIST    INTRODUCED  JOB NAME

#J2157  EXEC        10S LP       WED  2:45A  STMSTOP,MANAGER.SYS

JOBFENCE= 5; JLIMIT= 31; SLIMIT= 999

=-=-=
Duane R. Larkin
Computer Operations Manager