HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 3

From:
Douglas Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Douglas Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:48:21 -0400
Howard, it is good to see your posting.

Concerning dealing with the terrorists, there are new rules which say we
should fight back and not just give in to do anything they want us to do,
with the supposition that most of us will land safely at some point.

Under the new guidelines, do feel free to follow my processes which should
work under the scenario given:

Unless there have been dramatic changes in the last couple of years, this
should certain work for either of us.

When an obvious terrorist has taken the plastic cup and broken it to make
sharp edges like for that of a knife, do not automatically assume that he
is attempting to open a bag of peanuts; sure, they are rather stubborn to
open and that's all we may have to eat in the near future because of not
having plastic sporks and plastic knives, but noting how the shards of
plastic cup are being wielded should give a clue to the perspicuous
observer.

When this is determined, I plan to launch myself toward the terrorist so
that he will realize--hopefully too late--that my intention is to make part
of a "sandwich" between me and the inner wall of the aircraft.
I can move pretty fast for a guy my size and the sight of my hurtling
toward a slight, scrawny terrorist not as well caloried out as I am, should
carry a lot of weight with him, and hopefully he will drop the broken shard
of plastic as the press of realization becomes reality.
This can be coordinated with the other passengers distracting him as we get
up a good head of steam.

If our chosen process works as it should, the terrorist will have all the
air knocked right out of him, and he should fall face forward on the floor.

Be sure to turn him face up and position yourself between the lungs and
stomach region just below the rib cage so that you can pin him to the
floor, making it impossible for him to get up and also so he cannot
necessarily get a lung full of air as you sit on his chest.

If he is not uncomfortable enough with our sitting on him, we have the
option of bouncing up and down on his chest to maximize the realization
that he should not have taken on someone larger--in this case, much larger--
than himself.

The bouncing also gives us some badly needed exercise and reduces the
chance that he will have an opportunity to practice the karate he's been
studying from the book now in the dumpster.

Understand that this is not necessarily a one man show, and feel free to
let others of our rotundness participate.

Much like taking turns giving artificial aspiration, it is probably well to
trade off periodically, so you don't get sore from the bones in the rib
cage.

You will find that there are many who will be more than ready to take
charge when you tire or have to go to the bathroom.

Just be certain that up and down motion does not interfere with the flight
stability of the aircraft.

If the terrorist insists that he is hungry, which is probably not going to
be the case, simply take the make-shift plastic cup shard and cut open a
package of peanuts--in fact, you might be hungry from all the exertion and
need to do that for yourself.

Hopefully, with the new guidelines, you will be able to make use of my
proposed processes and techniques at the first opportunity for a safe and
enjoyable flight.

http://www.mind-set.com/hp3000/index.htm