HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 3

From:
NTC John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NTC John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:29:41 +0300
DAMN right it matters !! When a leader of state starts siding with any one
church view, those with other views will, at the very least, perceive that
they are at a disadvantage, whether it is true or not. The essence of US
freedom is that everybody CAN take a different path to whatever destination
they seek, and they can all have different destinations, and the state
basically keeps its hands off. I think it should stay that way too, based on
the lessons of history.

What church ?? you say - consider if Dubya came out as a Scientologist, or
one of those groups who juggle rattlesnakes, and started to favour them with
state aid etc?
What is your definition of a church anyway?
JP