HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 2

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 01:21:32 +0200
>DriverManager.setLogStream(System.Out)
>
>This becomes a nuisance, as ...

Best solution to this is to obtain a patch with JDBC 1.1.4 from
HP, which is available for quite some time (not sure if still in
Beta Test or already in General Release status). With the more
recent version, the setLogStream() workaround is no longer needed.

Regarding $NULL or similar, I created a NullOutput class for one
of the HP e3000 Web Starter Kit examples, which does implement an
OutputStream with "drop the data" behaviour. Not sure if it is on
my web page at www.editcorp.com/personal, but I can eMail a copy
if you like... well, it's so short that I simply add it here ;-)

 // NullOutput.java provides a "bit bucket" output stream

 class NullOutput extends java.io.OutputStream {
   public void write(int b) throws java.io.IOException {
     // drop data to bit bucket like $NULL or NUL: or /dev/null
   }
 }

Could be used in something similar to...

  DriverManager.setLogStream(
    new java.io.PrintStream( new NullOutput() )
  );

Lars.