HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 2

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:48:52 +0200
Hmmm... Sounds great, but :

1) Where did HP see that AUTOBOOT is only available as an AUTORESTART
feature ? I don't have AUTORESTART here, yet I can tell that all my 3000s
are AUTOBOOT-enabled !

2) If one side effect of the proposed enhancement is to put AUTORESTART (or
a similar feature set) into FOS, I overwhelmingly vote YES ! YES ! YES !

3) Does HP plan a 'programmatic shutdown' feature, like, say, an API ? I'd
love to have it. Third Parties would be able to include an orderly shutdown
feature in their software packages, like a few we are planning here at
APPIC.

Christian Lheureux
Responsable du Département Systèmes et Réseaux / Head of Systems and
Networks Department
APPIC R.H.
business partner hp invent
Tel : +33-1-69-80-97-22   /   Fax : +33-1-69-80-97-14 / e-mail :
"Le Groupe APPIC recrute, contactez nous !"