HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 2

From:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:00:22 -0600
Scott Gates <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message news:<[log in to unmask]>...
> I'm trying to automate a process that doesn't, so far, work well manually.
>
> I have an Excel file, which I need to export to a flat file, move to HP, Put
> into Quiz Subfiles, compare to TurboImage data, Get out a Quiz subfile (of
> both the original subfile and now TurboImage data) , move back to desktop,
> output to Access.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

I did that gyration for few year...

One of my solution that I know is use ODBC/32 from Minisoft(not free)
link the Turbo Image DB directly without IMAGE/SQL nonsense and use
some MS Access VBA, FTP can be use for Batch File Process, But, ODBC
can be utilize for record by record.

Link the Turbo Image with ODBC and Link the Excel file from MS Access
Link wizard.
Basically writing those linkage to Access System table., And simulate
Quiz Subfile comparison routine to SQL statement or exercising some
VBA DAO or ADO.
SQL command is very similar to Quiz/QTP Command and DAO is similar to
Image Call.

Or Excel Object into Access/Reference and Open the worksheet and Check
row and column Vs. Record set (ODBC/32 link to Turbo IMAGE server) and
write record to Access table.

Now, you could use multiple DB server like Oracle and SQL2k too..
Any detail info to converting Quiz/Qtp to SQL or VBA DAO will help
case by case.

Peter Chong
Sr. ERP Analyst VB/Oracle