HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 2

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:34:18 -0700
Steve Dirickson wrote:
>I hope the Administration realizes its error and corrects the mistake.

No mistake.  They meant what they said.

Your objection, if I read correctly, is based on the idea that war is
somehow a dignified endeavor that is more noble and glorious than what has
been done to our country.  I'm sorry, I don't see it that way.  The scale,
the number of lives affected is very warlike, IMO.  Most important, however,
is the fact that it must receive a response that is warlike.  We need to not
simply punish the perpetrators and the governments that sponsor them, we
need to defeat them.  We need to cripple or destroy the organization that
carried out this attack, and make governments throughout the world realize
that they cannot afford to give safe haven and assistance to such
organizations.