HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 2

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:16:01 +0200
Folks,

my colleagues, my family, and I have been shocked yesterday.

All our prayers are with the victims of this cowardly act against humanity.

In Germany, the government supports the intent of the German Union
Organization and the German Council of the Employers to stop work tomorrow
(Thursday) at 10:00 AM (CET) for five minutes to signal the sympathy and
sorrow for the victims and the American Nation.

I want to share the message of the CSC President and COO (some internal
paragraphs removed):

   You must be aware by now of the tragic events that took place this
   morning in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania.  Terrorists attacked
   the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and the State Department building,
   and hijacked several airplanes.

   <snipped>

   The need for blood donations is now greater than ever.  If you are able
   to make a donation, I urge you to visit your local blood bank.  Now is
   the time for individuals to demonstrate their personal concern for
   injured victims of today's attack against America's commercial and
   government centers.

   I know you share my sincerest concern and deepest sympathy for the
   victims of this terrible tragedy.

   Pete

May GOD help the nations and humanity. We do not need an Armageddon now.

Still speechless and disconcerted, Andreas Schmidt, CSC, Germany