HP3000-L Archives

September 2001, Week 1

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:57:31 -0500

/humor? on

I can just picture the scene...

Carly running around screaming about low stock prices and the meltdown of HP
support/sales when some bright eyed young exec suggests they buy something
to distract the media.

Stand by for the standard letter:

"Please excuse our total inability to provide support, or in fact anything
you need from us, during this difficult period of consolidating 2
incompatible management teams. We hope the next 2 years (minimum) of excuses
blaming the purchase for anything that goes wrong will buy the time for
something to save us, or at least allow us to cash in our stock options at a
profit."

/humor? off

Seriously I wish our friends at HP strength and luck in the comming months.
You have a bumpy ride ahead I think.

Comments are my own and not my employer's... etc.