UTCSTAFF Archives

September 2001

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Ed Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:59:34 -0400
Below is a poem written recently by an international student from the
Mideast attending another university. It is about the 9/11 tragedy. So much
for stereotypes about "those people;"

              As per Humanity
Crows smile.
Ignorant, are they...?
But so are we!
As we wage battlements of peace,
we condemn our predecessors to an even more wretched pit than ours will
ever touch.
We consol with violent sentiments,
and offer vile prayers to the other
until the bottle is filled with its nauseating mess,
and its revolting ingredients are spilled forth on many a grave

Will our hearts find solace in the fact that we have lost loved ones,
or that all humanity has lost loved ones,
or that all humanity is lost...?

But while we tumble and fumble with our reason,
the lowwer hirelings spectate.
The oblivious critters conflate.
And the crows?
the crows, they smile...