UTCSTAFF Archives

September 2001

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Anne Lindsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Lindsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:45:03 -0500
>Artists for centuries have created through the visual arts -- images and
>objects which they hope will project their disdain of man's inhumanity to
>man.

Artists create to make people think.

What was the context of the viewer's comments?

What perspective was the artist coming from?

Makes you wonder about what?

Contemporary society.......

Dietary practices in the 21th century.......

The ideas of terrorism ...............

How someone would even be interested in sharing a grotesque event where
children die, shards of glass fly, and metal bends........

I wonder how many people have made the same comment as they exit the
Holocost Museum in Washington D.C.

Which part do you wonder about?......

Anne Lindsey

This morning NPR noted that the Palestinian Hamas and the Hizballah are not