UTCSTAFF Archives

September 2001

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Bill Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:42:46 -0400
Dear Colleagues,
As we all try to cope with the horrendous events of the past few days, we
need to do exactly what the mission of The University of Tennessee at
Chattanooga directs us to do: educate ourselves and others so that we can
make enlightened and informed decisions about our lives, how we live with
others, even spiritual matters.
Last night, Bill Moyers (one of America's most creditable journalists)
hosted a PBS special titled "Who is Osama bin Laden?" If you missed it,
hopefully it will be repeated soon on one of the PBS television stations
(that's Channel 45 in Chattanooga and 18 in North Georgia). I found the
one-hour program to be one of the most informative, insightful
documentaries aired in recent years. It helped me to take a long, hard look
at this war we've been in since 1990 and earlier with Mideast terrorists
organizations. The PBS website (www.PBS.org) provides even more information
and I highly recommend you check there also.
I think Moyers' thought-provoking documentary should make us realize that
not only the U.S., but the entire world, faces some tough times in the days
-- maybe years -- ahead. Folks, this war isn't over yet.
Ultimately, God is in control of terrorism and He will bring peace to the
world.
And as rational, thinking human beings made in God's image, we need to ALL
join in prayers to God that World Peace will come at last.
No matter what religion you are a part of, or spirituality you ascribe to,
we all need to pray to God. And we need to pray together.
May God Bless America and the World.
Bill

Bill Williams, Stewardship/Research Coordinator
Office of Development Dept. 6806
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37403-2598
(423) 755-5307
(423) 755-4012 fax