HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 5

From:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:13:03 +0100
Just been a-reading this interesting thread.

I'm wondering if it's possible to do the opposite - i.e. tell MPE
that the file/page is no longer required in memory.

For example, I might have a program that has a very large data stack, but it only runs very occasionally.  Once the program has run, I don't need (or want) to wait for MPE to decide that any pages allocated to memory can be swapped out !

I suspect this is possible for files you're updating yourself thru
an FCONTROL instrinsic,  but what about files loaded automatically by MPE ?