HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 5

From:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:00:38 -0600
On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:15:08 -0500 (Central Daylight Time), Denys
Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Let's make sure HP World will not be one of these casualties.  Support
>Interex, renew your membership or become a member if you are not one right
>now.  Make plans to attend next year's conference.

One thing of possible interest: Interex has held the Interworks
conference, which is a much smaller, more focused conference aimed
directly at users of HP-UX technical products, like workstations. Lots
of scientists and engineers and admins for technical shops. Probably
600-800 people, and maybe 20 small vendor booths. Excellent content,
though. In any case, this show is just bleeding too much red, and will
be offered either as another "track" at HP World 2002, or as a
separate conference in parallel and col-located with HP World 2002. I
would guess that half of the attendees of Interworks do not come to HP
World, so that may provide a small but important uptick in HP World
attendance. Further, as a person who typically gets to attend BOTH
shows, it will make my company happier that I only need to schedule
one trip for this content as opposed to two.

Some of the content at Interworks is also presented at HP World, so
hopefully having the content of two shows simultaneously will not
present an insurmountable problem when it comes to "everything I want
to go to is scheduled from 1:00-3:00 today". :)