HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 4

From:
John Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:54:33 -0600
I've been looking at pricing for both A- and N-series machines in selecting
a replacement for our 937.  I'm surprised even shocked that the budgetary
estimate for maintenance (hardware and software) in the second and third
years is double the cost of the first year.  I understand there's some
hardware warranty involved in the first year but to have the costs double???

Has anyone else found this situation in maintenance costs on the new
boxes?  If yes, is there an explanation for the increase?

John Pearce  <[log in to unmask]>  | Bethesda Management Company
Speaking for only myself                | Colorado Springs, CO  USA