HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 4

From:
Wayne Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:01:20 -0500
Interesting you should mention slide rules...  I've recently gotten interested
in them again.  Somewhere at home is a Sterling Decitrig Log Log that I bought
for school in the late 60's / early 70's.  Back then I really wanted a nice
wooden slipstick, but couldn't afford one.  Now I'm indulging those long-ago
desires by purchasing used rules on eBay.  I have a lovely mahogany and
celluloid Keuffel & Esser N4053-3 on my desk right now, as well as a 4080-3, a
4081-3, a pocket-size Hemmi, and various plastic rules at home.  My wife thinks
I'm crazy, of course, but I'm having a lot of fun with them, and it's really no
weirder than those antique light fixtures she likes.  My kids are getting
interested in my slide rules too, and my oldest boy is going to take one of them
to school and freak out his algebra teacher.  :-)

Wayne

Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]> on 08/23/2001 05:19:13 PM

Please respond to Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>