HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 4

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:49:25 +0200
Speaking of the HP3000 community, there is the obvious choice of the SPL
developer, with characteristics pretty close to those of the assembler
developer : no reproduction (who bought an SPL compiler lately ?), shrinking
territories, and so forth. The only preservation effort I am aware of for
this species is Stan Sieler's and his team's initiative under the name of
Splash !

If we dare go beyond the strict definition of developer, I'd add the MPE/iX
Dump Reader to the Endangered Species list. <big_rant> At least when dealing
with some response centers, you'd better be able to read a memory dump
yourself than trying to have HP read it. And HP ITRC won't help you much
either in this area ! </big_rant>

Christian Lheureux
Responsable du Département Systèmes et Réseaux / Head of Systems and
Networks Department
APPIC R.H.
business partner hp invent
Tel : +33-1-69-80-97-22   /   Fax : +33-1-69-80-97-14 / e-mail :
"Le Groupe APPIC recrute, contactez nous !"