HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 2

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:29:33 -0500
Thanks for all the responses.

The card is set at full duplex with autosense off but there is some question
now if the hub supports full duplex or not. I bypassed the hub and went
directly to the switch and the switch says the card is working at half
duplex.

HPRC says the card will not drop down from full to half even if the hub only
supports half duplex since I have autosense turned off. When I told them the
switch said the card was at half duplex, they basically said that was not
possible.

Anyway, they are now having me set the card back to half duplex and I need
to schedule a restart of the network to activate the change.

I guess we will see.