HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 1

From:
Ron Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 05:32:19 +1000
At 08:49 03/08/2001 -0700, John Clogg wrote:
>Patrick Santucci writes:
>>Neither of these require any further NETCONTROL usage.
>
>This is true in the case of the DELMAPPING, but a directory change should be
>followed by:
> :NETCONTROL UPDATE=NETDIR;NET=<ni name>

Thanks to Patrick and John ..... updating NSDIR.NET.SYS did the trick;
the DELMAPPING now works, and the new address is now cached.
It looks like the cache may have been getting its entry for the DNS
from the node's name entry in NSDIR, hence it kept appearing in
cache even after it had been specifically deleted.  I can't experiment
with this on the production machine, but will see what I can find on
the crash & burn system during the weekend.

I did the NETCONTROL UPDATE just in case ..... so I can't conclusively
say whether it made a difference or not.  It would seem logical to need
to do it, and harmless if not.

Thanks again for such a prompt solution!

Ron Burnett