HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 1

From:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 01:45:48 -0600
Larry, the gateway redirects could be due to incorrect configuration of your
gateways. If you are getting the 'gateway redirects severe' then there is a
gateway that is redirecting traffic to another gateway, which it thinks is
best suited to handle traffic for that node. The gatelist utility in nettool
will show you all the configured gateways, as well as gateways the 3000 is
using due to redirects.

To find out what nodes are using this unconfigured gateway go into:

:nettool.net.sys
NETTOOL Version:      B06000A1

 Enter HELP HELP for an explanation of the help facility.

 Enter HELP OPERATION for guidance on NETTOOL use.

 Commands can be abbreviated, HELP keywords cannot.

 Menu-specific commands for the ROOT:

RESOURCE    CONFIG      NAMEADDR    PING        STATUS      NMDUMP
X25STAT     X25CHECK    IPCINT      XPVAL       XPPERF      QVALNS
NSTEST      LOOPINIT    NSLOGON     SOCKINFO    filters
[1]>>>name
CACHE       MAPPINGS    ROUTING     PATH        filters
[2]NAMEADDR>>>rout
ROUTING          GATEDOWN         GATEUP        GATELIST
TOTALS           STATISTICS       filters       networkfilter
gatewayfilter
[3]NAMEADDR.ROUTING>>>rout
    Network address filter: @
    Gateway address filter: @

Network number   Subnet mask      Gateway         Hops   Flags

Total number of routings = 0

Look in here for the unconfigured gateway and see what nodes are listed
against it. It could be that a gateway has been reconfigured, and is now not
the correct one, or that a gateway has been added, and you should be using
it, for the nodes listed.

Regards

Richard Bayly
Hewlett-Packard Response Centre, Australia