HP3000-L Archives

August 2001, Week 1

From:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 18:45:51 -0600
Campbell, the usual reason for this problem is due to a security problem on
the file TURBODBS.PUB.SYS. Do a LISTF TURBODBS.PUB.SYS,4 and check the
security matrix. Users will need READ, LOCK, and EXECUTE access on this
file. Also check whether ACDs are present on the file.

To overcome this problem you can delete this file. It is a PRIV file, so you
will need to use FSCHECK's PURGEFILE or DBDRIVER.PUB.SYS to delete the file.
To use dbdriver do the following:

run dbdriver.pub.sys,oops
DBDRIVER C.05.00   THU, JUN  3, 1999,  8:32 AM  (C) HEWLETT-PACKARD 1978
Purge DBS (N/Y)? y
Purge a DBG (N/Y)? n
END OF PROGRAM

The problem could be that you are accessing the db via a posix program,
which will cause the permissions to be put on the file, if it does not
already exist, and as far as I know, this is not supported.

Regards

Richard Bayly
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Solution Centre, Australia